The translation officeʼs technical proofreaders, who are native speakers of English and have specific knowledge of the disciplines concerned, are available to proofread English-language articles which are otherwise ready to print. The articles will be checked in particular for spelling, grammar, punctuation and the terms used. Re-proofreading of corrected articles is not possible.
- Membership of the TUM Graduate School
- The doctoral candidate has to be main or first author of the article
- The article must be ready for publication, apart from language corrections
- The article must be subsequently submitted at an international, peer-reviewed scientific journal or an international conference with published proceedings
- Send the completed article (if possible, as a Word document, on account of the correction function) by e-mail to email@example.com
- Complete the request form and attach it to your e-mail
- After your membership has been checked, the Faculty Graduate Center Mechanical Engineering will then be able to approve your request
- After 3-6 working days (depending on the length of publication), the file will be returned to you with corrections and comments
- You then have the possibility to evaluate the corrections directly or after the peer review
In addition, it is also possible to have English-language documents checked for vocabulary, grammar and sentence structure by the Language Centerʼs English Writing Center. In a 45-minute session, a native-speaker coach will work through several pages of a document with you. The coach will also give you tips on the above-mentioned topics and make you aware of frequent mistakes. This free service, which is available for both research assistants and doctoral candidates, is not a proofreading service but is intended specifically as coaching with the aim of improving your writing style in the long term.
For further information see: www.tum.de/writing-center