globalDrive 2018 / 2019
Leitung: Dr.-Ing. Frank Diermeyer
In the winterterm 2018/2019 the Institute of Automotive Technology offers once again the possibility for students to work on international projects. In cooperation with international partners the students write their thesis on exciting topics in the field of mobility.
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapur
- Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Mexico City, Mexiko
- University of Sao Paulo (USP), Sao Paulo, Brasilien
- Tongji Universität, Shanghai, China
- Tsinghua Universität, Beijing, China
- Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Nyeri, Kenia
- Kathmandu University, Kathmandu, Nepal
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Kumasi, Ghana
- Aalto University, Helsinki, Finnland
Disruptive interior concept for an autonomous taxi
Autonomous driving opens up many new possibilities in the design of vehicle interiors. To demonstrate this potential, an innovative interior concept with an HMI for an autonomous taxi is to be designed.
Social integration of autonomous vehicles
Autonomous vehicles must communicate with other vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists to avoid misunderstandings and ensure the best possible flow of traffic. An interaction concept will be developed for this purpose.
Intelligent Automotive Perception
In the project "Intelligent Automotive Perception", novel methods for environment perception are to be implemented. In a first step, a 360° camera system and radar sensors will be integrated on an experimental vehicle at the chair. Their data will be used for algorithm development and validation. The concept to be implemented can be developed independently by the project team.
For example, it is possible to merge redundant detections in the radar and the camera. Machine learning methods are suitable for this. The objects can then be managed and updated in an object list. In addition to the prediction of the movement of the surrounding vehicles, an estimation of their own movement based on the radar and camera data is also conceivable.
The project is carried out in cooperation with Continental Engineering Services.