Planning – Designing – Building: These are the core competencies of the Laboratory for Product Development and Lightweight Design. We develop methods and tools and use them to design and optimize complex technical systems in engineering applications, e.g., Aerospace or Automotive. The result of our research is a path to a concrete solution – ideally demonstrated by a prototype.
Our research and teaching focus on:
- Multi-disciplinary design, for example by the Cooperative Design Method
- Top-down development of quantitative requirements for system components
- Numerical Optimization techniques, in particular Solution Space Optimization
- Modelling and Simulation of mechanical and mechatronic systems (structure, fluid, control)
- Highly functional components that satisfy detailed quantitative requirements
- Development methods and processes
- Modelling and simulation of development and decision processes
- Cost models and management
- Knowledge representation
If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact a member of our lab.