The Technical University of Munich Department of Mechanical Engineering offers a joint degree in collaboration with the Science Faculty of the Paris Lodron University in Salzburg.
A joint degree is a degree course offered by two or more universities. The curriculum for these courses includes compulsory attendance at the partner universities.
In addition to the Technical University of Munich (TUM), Paris Lodron University of Salzburg (PLUS) also collaborates in offering this joint degree. The final diploma certificate will be issued jointly by PLUS and TUM.
Seven semesters are normally required to complete the Bachelor degree course in Engineering Sciences:
- Semesters 1-4 at PLUS: Basics of mathematics, physics, chemistry and materials science, as well as computer-aided measuring techniques and data capture.
- Semesters 5-6 at TUM: Engineering science (engineering mechanics, machine elements, process technology, simulation technology and computer-aided modelling using finite element methods), soft skills and science of management.
- Semester 7: Bachelor thesis either at PLUS or TUM.
Administration of this degree course will be the responsibility of Paris Lodron University in Salzburg (PLUS). Detailed information on the degree course can be found on the webseite of the Paris-Lodron Universität Salzburg.
For detailed information on the degree course curriculum, please see the PLUS website.
- Applications for a university place must be sent to PLUS
- Study may only begin in the winter semester
- Degree: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Language: German
- Study locations: Salzburg (PLUS, semesters 1-4), Garching near Munich (TUM, semesters 5 and 6)
- Number of semesters required to complete degree course: 7 semesters
- Full-time degree course